Pages

Friday, September 7, 2012

New Orleans VooDoo Head Coach O'Hara Making Progress in Recovery from Staph Infection

New Orleans VooDoo Head Coach Pat O'Hara continues to make progress after suffering a post-operation staph infection in his knee and is recovering at home with his family in Orlando.
O'Hara's most recent step to normalcy came yesterday when he was taken off of a once-a-day antibiotic drip and will now be on an oral antibiotic regiment.
"I am excited to be making progress, but all of the credit goes to my family. My wife, Billie, has been great throughout this entire process and I can't thank her, my friends and all of the people that have reached out to me during this trying time," said O'Hara.
O'Hara underwent a routine knee scope in late July, and a week later O'Hara found himself back in the hospital with a staph infection. He then went through two additional surgeries to help rid his body of the infection.
He was discharged from Tulane Hospital on Thursday, August 16, and his recovery process began.
"Aside from the antibiotic drip I was on non-stop, I have been going to rehab twice a day, five times a week for the knee that I had operated on. It has been a struggle being on crutches, and hopefully next week I will be walking under my own power," said O'Hara.
As O'Hara always does, he finds the positives in any situation, and two of those things are his sons Tyler and Trace who are playing in the CYFL. With the down time, he has had a lot of opportunities to watch the two play football.
Tyler is following in his father's footsteps as a quarterback, while Trace has been anchoring the offensive line for his team playing left tackle.
"I thoroughly enjoy it," said O'Hara about watching Tyler and Trace play football. "It gives me a chance to be a Dad and not a coach. They make me proud all the time."
O'Hara and his family thank everyone for their support and prayers during this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment