Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Missouri Monsters Challenge Marion Blue Racers From CIFL To Cross League Game

The Missouri Monsters of the Ultimate Indoor Football League (UIFL) have agreed to terms with the Marion Blue Racers of the Continental Indoor Football League (CIFL) to play the first ever cross league game.
The game will be played on Saturday April 6th at the Family Arena in St. Charles, MO. Kickoff is set for 7:30 pm Central Time. The game will be streamed live at: http://new.livestream.com/missourimonsters
"Having gotten to know the Blue Racers owner LaMonte Coleman over the past few years, there isn't an owner in this business that I will have more pleasure in beating. He left our league to go to a lower league, and he thinks he can compete with us? Thats just crazy. There is NO chance they beat us. I do respect Mr. Coleman for accepting the challenge when several other teams in his league didn't." Said Monsters Owner Andrew Haines.
"I'm so confident that the Monsters will win, that I guarantee it! If we lose, everyone in attendance will receive a FREE ticket voucher they can use for any of the remaining regular season home games." Added Haines.
The Marion Blue Racers are currently in their 3rd season of play. In 2012 the Blue Racers were members of the UIFL Northern Conference, and reach the playoffs. They lost in the first round of the postseason to the Erie Explosion in the first UIFL Outdoor Game. The team is located in Marion, OH, and are the only professional football team in Central OH.
"I want to thank the Missouri Monsters for inviting us to play them in their city. Mr. Andrew Haines is always working on ways to make the game fun for the fans," expressed CEO and Head Coach LaMonte Coleman.
"Andrew and I have been working on a game like this for about a year now. It will be fun to play against some of my former players but I want them to see that it was a mistake to leave my organization. My goal is to win the game and show why I chose to play in the CIFL. If my team loses, which I know that we won't, I will make a small donation to a charity that Andrew currently supports." Add Coleman.
Blue Racers Team captain Thomas "Tmac" McKenzie and other players are excited to play against some of their former teammates.
"There is no doubt that I am going for the sack record against them. Who do they have that can block me - Said Tmac.
The Missouri Monsters are currently in their first season of play. In May of 2012 the Monsters were announced as an expansion team in the Ultimate Indoor Football League.
Both teams are struggling to get wins, as the Blue Racers are 1-5, with their lone win coming by way of forfeit. The Monsters are 0-2 and looking for the first win of the season. Each team has made head coaching changes, and Monsters new Head Coach Martino Theus started the 2013 season as the Blue Racers Head Coach.
"First, I want to thank Lamonte for the opportunity to coach his organization, be apart of such a good city, and great people in Marion. Now I'm head coaching for a great owner, team. It's just straight business with the team. We know we have better athletes, talent all around. I love being able to coach against a good friend of mine (Mr. LaMonte Coleman) of fourteen years. This win will be big for our organization and fans plus some former players that are with us now. I know they are ready to play against Marion for sure. We will be ready as a team to beat Marion." Said Monsters Head Coach Martino Theus.
Tickets for the game start at $7.00 and can be purchased at the Family Arena Box Office, and through www.metrotix.com. Suites are available for the game, contact the team office for more information 636-395-0896 or email andrew@missourimonsters.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment