Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

New Orleans VooDoo: 21 Questions with VooDoo Mascot Mojo

I know I usually post articles that are more business and marketing centered but I have a soft spot for mascots. In fact when I go on a sports road trip I try to get my picture taken with as many mascots as possible. This might be a series of interviews with different mascots that are posted to this sight so let me know if you enjoy this face to face with Mojo.
This interview was conducted by Cody LaHoste.
CODY LAHOSTE: What would be your ultimate Sportscenter highlight?
MOJO: "Catching the game-winning TD catch from Kurt Rocco in ArenaBowl XXV.maybe I'll talk to Coach O'Hara about letting me get one play."
CL: What's your most embarrassing moment on the football field?
MOJO: "Most embarrassing? I run around every game with no pants on; it doesn't get much more embarrassing than that!"
CL: Who's your favorite line from a movie?
MOJO: "From Airplane: 'Surely you can't be serious?' 'I am serious.and don't call me Shirley'"
CL: What do you like to do on your off days?
MOJO: "I like to just spend time with my best friends Bones, Kelly, Gumbo, Hugo, Sir Saint, Boudreaux, and Clotile.we always manage to get into something fun!"
CL: What is your favorite style of music?
MOJO: "I can listen to anything, absolutely anything, and enjoy it; I just love dancing."
CL: What is your favorite song of all time?
MOJO: "This one is easy..CHICKEN DANCE!!"
CL: What was your favorite cartoon growing up?
MOJO: "My favorite to this day is Scooby Doo. I always had to tune in to see what crazy antics Scooby, Shaggy, and the gang were up to. I think that explains my other job as a private eye."
CL: What is your favorite snack food and why?
MOJO: "Cookies. Go ahead and make your Cookie Monster jokes.that guy didn't look nearly as good as me!"
CL: What's the first thing you'll do if the VooDoo win the ArenaBowl?
MOJO: "Shout to the sky, run all over the arena, take a moment to soak it in, dogpile with the team.honestly I have no idea what I would do! Hopefully we find out in a few months!"
CL: What is your personal touchdown celebration?
MOJO: "This is something I've been keeping under wraps for a while, but it's the next craze. My celebration is of course, the Mojo Twist!! It's a combination of the 'Dirty Bird', the 'Icky Shuffle', and several other well-known TD celebrations. Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, and Chad Ochocinco haven't seen anything yet!!"
CL: Theme parks or waterparks, and why?
MOJO: "Theme parks absolutely. I look like a wet dog when I go to the waterpark and the sun doesn't do Bones any favors, so we try to stay away."
CL: What's the one thing you'd like to change most about the world?
MOJO: World peace.that alone would solve so many of the problems we have today.
CL: What's your most valued possession?
MOJO: "I don't know if this counts, but there is nothing I value more than bringing a smile to the face of one of our younger VooDoo fans."
CL: Do you have any funny cooking stories?
MOJO: "You kidding? I'm a fantastic cook, just ask Bones! I've actually been thinking of getting onto one of those competition shows on The Food Network.I can see it now, Mojo vs. Chef Paul Prudhomme vs. Emeril Lagasse!"
CL: What's your advice to kids?
MOJO: "Never give up on your dreams. Where there's a will, there's a way and you can do anything you set out to accomplish. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise."
CL: What is your favorite New Orleans Festival?
MOJO: "Definitely Mardi Gras! If there's any city that knows how to throw a party, it's the Big Easy. You can always count on that time of year to have some incredible sights, great food, a variety of music, and a whole lot of fun!
CL: If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
MOJO: "I'd want the ability to fly. Believe it or not I've always liked being up in the air and it would make travel much easier!"
CL: What's the biggest obstacle you've ever had to overcome?
MOJO: "You should have seen me trying to get back into shape before the season last year. I really let myself go while the team was out of commission.never again!"
CL: Do you have a favorite quote or saying?
MOJO: "I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives."
CL: What's your favorite TV show today?
MOJO: "Well, I'm a sucker for anything Louisiana so naturally I'm a big fan of Swamp People. Especially that Troy. 'Choot 'em!!'"
CL: Where do you see yourself in 20 years?
MOJO: "I hope to be right where I am today, entertaining the VooDoo fans and cheering our team on. By then, there might be a couple ArenaBowl titles or even a Mrs. Mojo and some Mojettes, who knows!

No comments:

Post a Comment